News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC
Smoke alarms alerted three occupants of a house fire late Tuesday night in Neligh.
According to Neligh Fire Chief Mike Mortensen and Assistant Chief Dave Jacobsen, about 20 firefighters responded to a call at 11:21 p.m. of a fire at 312 J Street.
The home is owned and occupied by Dewayne and Germaine Voborny. Jacobsen said the Vobornys made the initial 911 call. All three occupants were able to escape safely.
Firefighters had the fire under control in about 5-10 minutes, according to Jacobsen. There is smoke damage throughout the home, but the fire was confined to the garage area.
Both Mortensen and Jacobsen said the official cause of the fire was a stove left on in a room in the back of the garage. Estimated damage is $50,000.