Neligh-Oakdale senior Austin Miller and junior Kasi Grosserode qualified for the state cross country meet today with their top-15 finishes at districts.
On Thursday at the Class D-3 district cross country meet in Ainsworth, Miller finished 13th in the boys race in 19:09.4 and Grosserode was 12th in the girls division with a time of 22:47.9. Both qualified for the state meet in Kearney on Friday, Oct. 23. Kasi will run at 2 p.m. and Austin is scheduled to run at 3 p.m. Click here for more state cross country information.
They are the only Antelope County runners who qualified. The Neligh-Oakdale girls placed fifth as a team. They boys were seventh as a team. There were more than 140 runners from 22 schools at the D-3 district meet.
Antelope County district results:
12. Kassidy Grosserode, N-O, 22:47.9
19. Jayda Chance, N-O, 23:14.2
34. Rebecca Fleetwood, EV, 24:25.3
36. Alexis Jensen, N-O, 24:50.6
41. Rachel Higgins, N-O, 25:19.7
46. Kaitlin Fleetwood, EV, 25:42.5
48. Courtni Heckert, N-O, 25:50.4
58. Brittany McConnell, N-O, 27:32.7
13. Austin Miller, N-O, 19:09.4
28. Devan Breuer, N-O, 20:11.9
29. Cole Belitz, N-O, 20:13
34. Dillon Stewart, EV, 20:32.3
40. David Short, EV, 20:59
59. Isaiah Greenhalgh, EV, 22:41.3
61. Cameron Wilkinson, N-O, 22:49.3
63. Ethan Kallhoff, N-O, 22:59.8
64. Dalton Smutney, EV, 23:12.8
67. Jayden Arehart, N-O, 23:42
News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC