News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC
The Elgin Public speech team earned the D2-2 District Runner Up trophy and has seven state qualifiers in six categories.
Elgin students punched their tickets to state with some impressive district performances in Bancroft on Wednesday. State qualifiers are Kira Widger (3 events), Theanna Dunn (2 events), Adam Dreger (2 events), Cory Romej (1 event), Hunter Reestman (2 events), Grace Rittscher (3 events) and Jordan Lindgren (1 event). They are coached by Stacy Shumake-Henn and Jessie Reestman. The students will compete in the NSAA Speech Championships at the University of Nebraska at Kearney on Friday, March 22.
Area medalists (The top three qualify for state):
1. Kira Widger and Theanna Dunn, Elgin Public
2. Adam Dreger and Cory Romej, Elgin Public
1. Hunter Reestman, Elgin Public
3. Grace Rittscher, Elgin Public
4. Breanna Carr, Elgin Public
5. Hunter Reestman, Elgin Public
3. Jordan Lindgren, Elgin Public
Oral Interpretation of Drama:
1. Elgin Public - Adam Dreger, Grace Rittscher, Hunter Reestman, Kira Widger and Theanna Dunn
2. Pope John - Bre Bartak, Brynn Dilly, Lauren Seier, Maddie Schrage
2. Grace Rittscher, Elgin Public
2. Kira Widger, Elgin Public
3. Skylar Reestman, Pope John
6. Theanna Dunn, Elgin Public
4. Allysa Burenheide, Pope John