News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC
The Tilden Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday morning on the north edge of town.
According to officials, a house fire started at a rental property owned by Lloydene Taylors in Tilden. Taylors was on the phone talking with a friend while standing outside on her porch when she looked east over at her property that is rented by the Nathan McIntosh family and saw smoke coming out of the edge of the roof.
Taylors said the kitchen ceiling light wires was ruled the cause of the fire. There was not much smoke until the attic door was open by the firemen and then the burning began.
Damage contains to the kitchen area, roof, and a lot of water clean up. Taylors said she is grateful she was talking to her friend at the correct time and looking over at her rental house.
The McIntosh family was not at home the time of the fire.