The Village of Ewing, Nebraska, is contemplating applying for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development (NDED) for Public Works funds to assist with Street Improvements. The Village of Ewing is considering awarding a contract for grant writing and subsequent general administration services for this project if awarded funds.
The selected administrator will be required to assist the Village with:
1. Preparing an application for submission to the NDED
2. Conducting a public hearing in preparation of the application
If funds are awarded to the Village of Ewing, the selected administrator will be required to assist the Village with:
1. Providing required data needed for meeting special grant conditions
2. Establishing and maintaining all files as required by the NDED
3. Preparing and submitting required Performance Reports, and
4. Meeting all requirements of State and Federal laws, rules, and regulations and other laws, regulations, and assurances required by NDED.
The administrator must have a current administration certification from NDED, and perform his/her services according to project performance and implementation schedule that has been approved by NDED. The selection of a GRANTWRITER AND PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR will be according to the following criteria:
1. Technical expertise of the firm in connection with the type of services to be provided and the complexity of the project (30 points).
2. Past record of performance on administrative contracts with other clients including quality of work, timeliness and cost control (30 points).
3. Capacity of the firm to perform the work within the time limitations, taking into consideration the current and planned workload of the firm (20 points).
4. Familiarity with the CDBG Guidelines (20 points).
5. Cost of services (5 points).
Total possible points = 105 points.
Elaborate artwork and expensive presentation aids are not necessary nor encouraged. On or about July 31, 2019, the Village will evaluate all submittals. Upon selection, the top qualified firm will meet with the Village Board for the purpose of contract negotiations for a fixed price or not to exceed contract. Cost and percentage of cost contracts are not allowed. Contract award of the Project Administration portion of the project will be contingent upon Notice of Award and Release of Funds by the NDED.
The Village of Ewing is an equal opportunity employer and requires all contractors and consultants to comply with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
Six copies of the Proposal are required by 12:00 Noon, Local Time, July 29, 2019, in the office of:
Sharon Swails, Village Clerk
Village of Ewing
209 E. Nebraska
Ewing, NE 68735
Please mark your envelope CDBG GRANTWRITER AND PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR. If you have any questions, please contact the Village of Ewing at 402-626-7718.
Published July 3, 2019
The Antelope County News is a legal publication for
Village of Orchard,
Village of Royal,
Village of Brunswick,
City of Neligh,
Nebraska Unified Dist. 1,
Orchard Public Schools, Upper Elkhorn NRD, NCPPD and the
State of Nebraska.
To submit a notice for publication, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC