News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC
Nearly 70 people helped make the 2nd annual Neligh-Oakdale Color Run a success on Saturday morning to not only kick off Old Mill Days, but also help raise money for upkeep on the new track.
Committee member Rick Eickholt, who is also the longtime boys track track, said he was pleased with everything about the event from the number of participants to the volunteers.
“It was awesome even. To quote Ron Beacom, 'It's a great day to be a Warrior!' ” said Rick Eickholt. “We had a great turnout with people from here in Neligh and out of town. I know there were a lot of events going on today, and even many of my cross country runners were out of town for nationals and such, but it was still great."
Eickholt said 69 people participated in the event, which serves as a fundraiser for the track to ensure it is in great shape over the years. He said the support from the community was vital to having the new track constructed last spring. That support has carried over with the Color Run.
"Thank you to all of the people who helped make this possible, especially all of the volunteers - color stations, water stations, finish line and more. This isn't possible without the assistance of a large number of people, so thank you to them and all of our sponsors and businesses," Eickholt said.
Hunter Benett was the overall winner at 16.40. He led the runners in the 7-9 grade division, which had the top three overall runners. Adam Miller was second in 16:43 while Griffin Claussen was third with 16:58.
1. Andrew Henry 24:52, 2. Corbin Hoefer 24:55, 3. Breckin Knight 32:06;
1. Hunter Bennett 16:40, 2. Adam Miller 16:43, 3. Griffin Claussen 16:58
1. Tyson Belitz 18:09, 2. Grant White 29:45, 3. Alex Kerkman 29:47;
1. Connor Miller 18:56, 2. Aldolfu Reyes 20:13, 3. Logan Lawson 21:34
1. Jeff Wickett 18:52, 2. Shannon Hendren 21:42, 3. Phil Pollock 28:17
1. Mallory Belitz 26:40, 2. Abby Kerkman 29:53, 3. Kate Furstenau 32:00;
1. Alison Stineman 20:01, 2. Hailey Bixler 27:26, 3. Claire Whitesel 32:08;
1. Hallie Hutchinson 20:25, 2. Bailey Frey 22:15, 3. Jenna Callies 22:22
1. Marissa Frank 20:41, 2. Ashley Theiman 25:05, 3. Laura Larsen 31:35
1. Ann Hemenway 25:38, 2. Jenny Murray 31:34, 3. Liz Clausen 35:43