Antelope Memorial Hospital will be participating in the 2019 Statewide “Donate Life” Flag-Raising Ceremony on Wednesday, April 3 at 2:30 p.m. in front of the AMH East Front Lobby Entrance.
Special guests, Dr. Troy and Heather Dawson, have been chosen to raise the “donate life” flag during the ceremony. In September 2017, Heather gifted one of her kidneys to her husband, Troy. It was her gift of love and life for him. Read our story here.
The public is invited to attend the ceremony and enjoy AMH cookies and drinks afterwards.
DID YOU KNOW - ORGAN, TISSUE AND EYE DONATION FACTS:
• In Nebraska, anyone age 16 or older can register as a donor regardless of age, health or lifestyle.
• Last year in Nebraska, 68 deceased organ donors, 191 tissue donors and 38 living kidney and liver donors gave the gift of life.
• More than 300 organ transplants were performed in Nebraska in 2018.
• There are more than 113,000 people in the U.S. waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant, 4,00 are in Nebraska.
• One deceased organ donor can save up to eight lives, one tissue donor can save or improve the quality of life for 100 people.
News That Matters To Antelope County - Your News. Your Way. Every Day!
© Pitzer Digital, LLC