Source Gas and the Neligh Fire Department were called to a gas leak northeast of Neligh on Tuesday morning.
According to officials, a pressure release valve popped off - possibly due to the weather - leading to an emergency replacement of the valve. Gas could be seen shooting from the leak into the air.
The repair was made within minutes of notification of the situation, and Source Gas officials remained on scene after the fire department left to monitor the situation.
The leak was located about 2 miles east and 1 mile north.