Quick thinking saved an RV tonight from a fire that potentially could have destroyed a woman’s home.
The Neligh Fire Department was called to an RV fire east of Neligh at about 6:50 p.m. tonight. The fire was contained by the time firefighters arrived.
Michelle Littlefield, of Cadillac, Michigan, said she was trying to thaw the pipes of her RV.
“It’s minimal, actually,” Littlefield said of the damage. “I grabbed my bag of laundry and drug it out here so it wouldn’t catch anything else on fire. When I realized I couldn’t contain it anymore, I ran to my neighbor for help.”
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Jacobsen said there was minimal damage.
"We found out from a resident that they were trying to thaw out pipes in the trailer and a paper towel caught on fire on the stove and dropped on some laundry," he said. "They were able to have it out by the time we got here."